The Results are in for the 2023 Math Kangaroo competition! Spark Math wants to congratulate our students who achieved impressive scores in the United States Math Kangaroo competition! The 2023 Math Kangaroo was held Thursday, March 16, 2023. Find your child’s 2023 Math Kangaroo results here.
Spark Students 2023 Math Kangaroo Results
- 6 Spark Math Students earned a perfect score!
- 95 Spark Math Students were National Winners (ranking in the top 20% nationally)
- 13 Spark Math Students were State Winners (ranked top 3%in their State)
Math Kangaroo is one of the most competitive international math competitions for students from grades 1 to 12. In 2023, over 36,000 students in the United States and millions around the world participated in the Math Kangaroo Contest. This competition gives kids the opportunity to put their skills on display and measure themselves against the best and brightest. We are proud of the students that represented Spark Math with incredible results.
Math Kangaroo Overview
- Math Kangaroo is a math competition held worldwide, originating in the 1980’s.
- It was started by mathematician and teacher Peter O’Halloran in Australia.
- It is offered to any student that wants to take on the challenge.
- Over 6 million students a year from all over the world take it each year.
- Math Kangaroo specializes in logic and critical thinking-focused questions
- The contest is designed to get kids excited about math and recognize high-achieving students
What is the big deal about Math Kangaroo?
The best part about the Math Kangaroo is that it’s available to students from 1st grade to 12th. This gives the opportunity for so many students who love math to compete with other like-minded peers throughout their school careers. Math Kangaroo mixes the best parts of challenging math work and competitive drive. Students learn that a passion for math can be an exciting and rewarding experience they can share with millions of other students around the world.
Curious to learn how you can help your child succeed? Learn more about our competition math offering: Spark Math Competition Program.
Scoring and Test Setup
- The exam is a 90-minute multiple-choice test
- There are 30 questions in the exam, each question has five choices
- There are 12 levels, ranging from grade 1 to 12
- No calculators are allowed in the contest
- Students need to score a maximum of 96 points (grades 1-4) and 120 points for grades above (grades 5-12).
More than Just a Math Competition
Math competitions offer your child a variety of benefits beyond just winning. They provide an excellent opportunity for your child to gain confidence, make new friends, and have fun. They can also enhance your child’s competitiveness for colleges and scholarships.
More importantly, math competitions help build essential lifelong learning skills, such as critical thinking, time management, and stress management.
Want to start your journey toward being a math competition ace? Check out our Spark Math Competition Program today! Don’t forget to check out these other popular math competitions for young students: “The Best 5 Math Competitions for Kids Who Love Problem Solving“. Want to try Spark Math for yourself? Try a free trial class and see if Spark is for your family !